News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What did you think of the new Harry Potter Movie (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: What did you think of the new Harry Potter Movie
Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
What did you think of the new Harry Potter Movie 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 999990  
I'm guessing that this weekend a lot of people will see the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie and I'd be intrested in knowing what you thought about it. Please avoid spoilers in your comments - if you have to mention a spoiler please do so in a separate thread and include the word SPOILER in the subject.

I think the movie was worth the time and money and recommend that anybody who enjoyed the previous films go see it, but I really wish that they had broken it into 2 movies. There were way too many story elements from the book that were completely left out - some would have just been cool to see but some were pretty critical to future plotlines. I don't know how they will handle it in the next film.

Overall, the special effects were incredible and seamless, but the movie passed by like looking into the windows of a passing train or like only seeing a place from driving through it and not stopping. You could see what was happening but there was no chance to savor it or catch your breath. I don't know about anyone else, but I kind of liked visiting the Harry Potter universe in the movies. Adding another 2 1/2 hours to this experience would have been - dare I say it - magical.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Morpher (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:What did you think of the new Harry Potter Movi 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3  
Just saw it. Compared to the book, it fails, and there is a lot of foreshadowing. Best movie so far. Too much Scottish/Irish stuff though...

capst (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What did you think of the new Harry Potter Movi 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1  
Just back from the movie. Terrific. Great effects. Much darker than the others. I don't have enough reading time to enjoy the novels, so I don't know what was left out. My 17 year old son reads the books, so he comments on the things left out. I just go to enjoy the movie.

pimenta (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What did you think of the new Harry Potter Movi 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Morpher wrote:
Too much Scottish/Irish stuff though...

That's so funny, because whenever I see a Holywood movie, I think to myself, "that was pretty good, but I wish it didn't have so much stuff about the United States".

yuridp3 (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What did you think of the new Harry Potter Movi 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -21  
I do not normally watch movies but i could have seen the harry potter movies. i have read Harry Potter series books and I would think the movie compares from the book. I am also foreign but i am not scottish. anyway the movie is probaby scottish but i don't knoe.

pyro (Visitor)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What did you think of the new Harry Potter Movi 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
okay first off, the movies are British because they books are British. They were writen in Egland.

Second, I heard some one say that the the other two schools, whose names I can't think of at the moment, were not co-ed in the movie, but they were co-ed in the books. Which raises the question, did the producers not take the time to read the book or did they just extreamly laxy when they made it? Not to mention everything else that is wrong in just the traillers alone.

Go to top Post Reply