Submit a Story
News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Areg5's Banning on DA or: A Future for Age TF (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Areg5's Banning on DA or: A Future for Age TF
RegressingAger (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Areg5's Banning on DA or: A Future for Age TF 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 7  
I saw the strike-through Areg5's name on DeviantArt yesterday and suspected something was up, but we now have confirmation via his Patreon today that Areg has been indefinitely banned on the site. Since I haven't actually seen anyone talk about it, I figured the least I could do was start a conversation about it on here.

How does everyone feel about this? Is this a cause for concern at all?

I'm also kinda hoping this somehow prompts a status update from Heidegger on the new site. I think Areg's ban is as good an argument as one could make for why we need a platform dedicated to the age regression, age progression, age swap, age transformation....whatever-you-want-to-call-it community.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2019/05/09 00:07 By RegressingAger.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
cparle87 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Areg5's Banning on DA or: A Future for Age TF 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: -2  
Between that and Tumblr's recent change it's hard to find anything good on other sites. And sadly this place has been on the "don't post anything new until we move to the new site" for... two months now?

Sebtomato (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Areg5's Banning on DA or: A Future for Age TF 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 578  
6 months, I reckon.

Mayhem (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Areg5's Banning on DA or: A Future for Age TF 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 1  
So where would you even find their stuff now? They got banned from YouTube ages ago, I’m pretty sure they’re banned from Vimeo, and now they’re banned from DA. I know a bit of it’s on the Archive, but there’s a lot of much newer stuff we don’t have.

Spectrum_Analyzer (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Areg5's Banning on DA or: A Future for Age TF 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 10  
Mayhem wrote:
So where would you even find their stuff now? They got banned from YouTube ages ago, I’m pretty sure they’re banned from Vimeo, and now they’re banned from DA. I know a bit of it’s on the Archive, but there’s a lot of much newer stuff we don’t have.

I think that's kind of the point being made. It's been argued that places like this are no longer relevant because stuff is available there, and there, and there. Except how do you find it? Especially when it has a tendency to vanish from the various places due to whatever shifting policies there are. If it's HERE rather than THERE, then you can find it here. And also you could presumably come here to find out where it is out THERE.

RegressingAger (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Areg5's Banning on DA or: A Future for Age TF 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 7  
Spectrum_Analyzer wrote:
Mayhem wrote:

I think that's kind of the point being made. It's been argued that places like this are no longer relevant because stuff is available there, and there, and there. Except how do you find it? Especially when it has a tendency to vanish from the various places due to whatever shifting policies there are. If it's HERE rather than THERE, then you can find it here. And also you could presumably come here to find out where it is out THERE.

Exactly. I've always tried to argue that this site should actually live up to the "archive" part of its name. In years past, that was usually just me complaining about everyone putting their stories or comics behind paywalls. But nowadays? If mildly raunchy visual comics like Areg5's works can be banned on DA, then I think its time to accept that this "scattering" of AR content around the web isn't exactly working out for the best when it comes to fostering an active community that can last.

Go to top Post Reply