News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:An in progress first attempt for feedback (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:An in progress first attempt for feedback
khrissi (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
An in progress first attempt for feedback 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi,,after many years enjoying stories on several subjects including Age regression,I decided to have ago at writing one myself.First please be gentle,,but give me advice.This is the first draft of the first chapter,which took me several days to write,as while I have it all in my head,my typing is atrocious.
Somethings I am wondering about is if i should go back and rewrite so Joe/John/daddy is not in 1st person/
Also on images as far as i can tell all images used are in public domain or freely available. But on subject of using images I am torn,I dont want to do an illustrated story but the old adage "A picture is worth a thousand words" has merit,so for now I am putting a few in but It seems i cannot submit as word file with images,if anyone wishes i can email them the file

So please read and tell me what you think?,,it is already at 5000 words and barely past prologue,I havce alot more to write,and better to rewrite/scrap/massively edit 5000 wordsthan wait till its 50000

CHAPTER 1

My name is Joe Thornton and I grew up not far from Detroit, I was a not spectacular student but capable, I was more interesting in partying and drinking to get more than OK grades. But when I left school my father who always wanted me to be a doctor like him, got me into a Pharmacy technician course at the university. I started off well even seemed to have an aptitude for it, but the temptations of being away from home, and no restrictions put on me grew too strong and soon I was skipping classes, failing to complete assignments, and getting wasted on booze pot and whatever else I could get my hands on.
I started doing a little dealing to fund my life_style_, which soon became a lot of dealing, but I got greedy and drew the attention of the cops,,,then the fatal night when a 17 yr kid I had supplied with some speed ran his car off the side of a mountain and died. And he turned out to be the son of a local councilman.
Well the judge handed me down a 6 year term ,and not easy time. Prison was hard the first few months I thought I would either get killed or kil myself, but then I met Jeremy, Jeremy was an old timer doing life and everyone either respected or feared him. I was in the gym playing some hoops, and Jeremy was with his boys lifting weights when he suddenly collapsed to the floor .His crew panicked and were calling for a guard. I recognized the signs of a heart attack and ran over and gave CPR and long story short I saved his life or so he kept telling me after.
When he returned from the hospital, he took me under his wing and taught me many things over the next few years, bypassing alarms, opening safes, changing identities, a full criminal university course.
When I was released I was a 28 year old ex con,so work was hard to find and my parole officer rode me hard, but it was in his office I met Amber
She glared at me as I started at her, trying to guess her age, she was barely much over 4 feet even in her platform heels, her dark lank hair hanging down straight. A black leather jacket over a white tee, and jeans, if it was not for her breasts she could have been 12 or younger.
“Sorry ,,so what are you in for?,, stealing the principals car?”
“Very funny smart guy,…I am on bail awaiting trial, they said I did some break-ins,,,and my stupid boyfriend didn’t tell me there was an alarm system the jerk was nowhere when the cops busted me, I am so done with him “she scowled
“As soon as I can get enough cash I am blowing this town, I don’t plan on going to jail”
“Well I can see how breaking in to places would be your forte” I said
She looked daggers at me “What do you mean by that??”
“Hey, don’t get mad, its just you are small so getting in places a hulk like me could never fit”
I smiled at her as while I was in good shape, at 5’10” and 160lb I was no hulk, but compared to her.

“I’m Joe by the way……….” I said
“Amber” she replied
Just then I was called into the parole officers office where he ran over the coals for this that and everything, and as much as told me he was going to see me back inside as the councilman’s friends had a long memory.
I left the office and walked past Amber in silence and went down the building stairs realizing I was screwed, I had to run,, go where they won’t find me.
On the street I started thinking about running, Amber and what an opportunity she presented.
I turned back and bought a coffee and sat and watched the office building doorway till I saw her come out

“Amber, do you want to go get a drink? I have a proposition for you”

She gave me a dirty look “ I aint no hooker go try on the street corner!!”

“no I have an idea that could get us both out of the line of fire of the court and the cops, just give me 5 minutes somewhere less public, there is a bar down the street I know”
She looked at me skeptically “well ok,,but make it the diner opposite ,,bars I get asked for ID, and it pisses me off”
“well I can understand why, both why they ID you, and why it must annoy you”
In the diner I told her my plan, that we both needed to escape and that together we would make a good team, I explained that I knew alarms systems, and the biggest weakness they had was that they were designed to keep people out, if you were inside disabling them was easy. That I would teach her. She would get in some way. Either through vents or small windows. Even go in during day and hide till night, then disable the alarm and let me in, then I could open safes, or just rob the place,
I had the contacts to fence stuff get new identities, so she and I would never get caught, I had some money ,enough to get us out of town, and tide us over till we were ready to go to work.
Over the next 30 minutes we discussed what to do, where to go, and eventually she agreed

6 MONTHS LATER

We were living in a rented apartment 400 miles from those looking for us, under fake names and had pulled 4 robberies netting us about $100K a, nice chunk of cash, but not enough to get away and live out our lives on a tropical island money.
Her ability to get inside places, and mine to get into the safes had made us a good team. And she had warmed to me a lot, although we had separate bedrooms, I had been very confused by my feelings for her, I should be attracted, but I felt more like she was my younger sister, her seeming childlike appearance making me not feel any sexual desire towards her, and this protective feeling only made stronger when I realized she hid a lot of it, with the heels, as she was only 4”1” without them, and her breasts which I had admired so long ago, were just a stuffed bra,,,sharing a bathroom I sometimes saw her naked and she was very pre-pubescent .I learned she was actually 19 ,but it was hard to believe. I also observed that her dark hair was now showing its blonde roots, she obviously dyed it to look more mature.
She told me almost nothing about her past except hints that her childhood was very miserable , that her parents had kicked her out when she got arrested for drugs, one night after too much tequila she told me about her condition “bruchmakers symdrome” a rare condition effecting body growth, sort of stopping it before puberty, there were only 2 or 3 other cases in United States, but a laboratory in Czechoslovakia was researching it in hope of finding a cure or at least how to trigger development. Her plan was to get enough money to go there and try to get in on program, even buy her way in.
Later that week I got a tip about a jewelers getting a delivery of diamonds, maybe $50 million worth,part of a somewhat gray area tax scheme, they would be sitting for several nights, and this was a store we had already cased, as a possibility.
We discussed and decided that we would go for it, this was the big score!!
But once we had finalized our plans ,,I decided that this was the opportunity to start putting my own plan into action, my plan to change Amber from an adult to my daughter/ward .

Two nights before the job I made a visit alone to a hospital pharmacy, the alarm a doddle and stocked up with various drugs, in tablet and as Injectable. My previous training as a pharmacist now paying dividends I visited a few contacts, one of which I had already asked for some specific type of ID, something that would stand up to scrutiny. Then some shopping at Walmart and a few drugstores. I put all the items I had acquired in a suitcase and left it at the railway left luggage
She takes hormone pills she has been told may help her, condition or at least hold it at bay, but one day when she was safely away from the apartment, I emptied all the capsules and refilled with a concoction of my own making, including lithium, a mood stabilizer to calm her down and less tense,,,I noticed almost immediately she was calmer, more placid.

The robbery went off perfectly, Amber went into the store about an hour before it closed and hid in the back office, secreted behind the sofa ,we knew from our groundwork that the staff left within 20 minutes of the store closing, she texted me to let me know when she had disabled the alarm, and I slipped round to the side door which she has opened at my soft tap, I entered and quickly opened the safe and took the diamonds while Amber was busy I put part of my own plan into action, her jacket was lying on the sofa she had been hiding behind, I slipped her cell from her pocket and slid it under the counter, out of view but where it would be found ,We then left the scene, getting out and to the car.

We went drove, ditching the tools in the river back to the apartment and over some champagne, checked our haul, more diamonds than I could hold in one hand, easily 30 million, maybe the 50 suggested. By the time she finally crashed into bed it was nearly 4am.Once she was asleep I slipped out and drove to the local TV news office, and with my hood up dropped a package in their mailbox. I returned back and set my alarm as I wanted to be up before her.
I got up a few hours later, and did my preparations, first I removed Ambers keys from her purse, I had put a second keyed both sides lock on the door, saying it was a bad area, and it was safer. When I went out later I did not want her leaving the apartment.
Next I dosed her morning orange juice she rarely drank coffee or tea with a dose of scopolamine, this would make her very open and vulnerable to suggestion, I also put a little Halcion to keep her drowsy, and compliant.
Then I sat on the couch and turned on the TV and scanned through for news channels.
It was just as I hoped the diamond robbery was the top story, and with the “tipoff” I had given them, that Amber had been in the robbery, plus a nice clear picture of her, and how she was wanted by the police.
Suppressing a smile I dashed to ambers room, and woke her telling her we were in trouble, I dragged her naked except her panties out to the TV, and she watched the report as it rolled again
“where s your phone you stupid girl,,,the other station said a phone was found at the scene!!”
She checked her jacket, and obviously it was not there.
“I don’t know” she said “It was in my pocket I am sure”
“Well ,,you obviously dropped it there, and it had your fingerprints all over it, so the cops know you were there. How long do you think it will take someone from this neighbourhood to see you on the news and call it in?”
She sat weeping…and apologizing, I poured her a large glass of orange juice, and told her to go take her pills and put something on while I thought what we could do, as our original plan to stay here for few weeks then leave the country was out the window.
When she came back I said to her “Ok ,we will need a new plan, first of all we have to get the diamonds out of here, just in case it gets raided, but its too risky for you to go outside, so I will take them, you remember the place we stopped and there was that gnarled old tree you liked?,,,well I will bury them there, then go and see a few people, find out if I have been identified or not, and see what I can come up with to get you safely away”
She looked dubious,,”How do I know you won’t just take off, cut your losses and disappear with the diamonds”?
“Honey you know you can trust me, I would not let anything happen to you, I will be maybe a few hours, you have had a big shock, its important you stay here”
She looked very scared, something I had not seen on her before ,I hugged her to me, comforting her
I sensed it was a risk still at this stage, but it felt right as I carried in my arms into her bedroom, and lay her on the bed
“you look tired ,why not get some more sleep, and I will be back before you know it”
I tucked her up in bed ,and kissed her forehead “bye sugar, don’t worry I don’t blame you for this, anyone could have lost their phone” Just reinforcing how it is her fault in her mind, the scopolamine hopefully making it stick in her mind.
I left quietly locking the door behind me, and headed for the city centre,the truth was I really did not have to sort anything out as I had done it all in advance. I went and spent a couple of hours killing time drinking coffee , I then sat by river, destroying all my ID making sure nothing I had _link_ed to Joe Thornton or my current alias then headed to a storage car park where I had left the 2014 Ford focus I had bought some weeks earlier, the van I had left with keys in it a short distance away, so that will get stolen and further muddy the trail.
I went to the station and collected the suitcase I had left there earlier then ina quiet place I hid the diamonds in lining of the case.
I had got new identities for both of us a young widower and his 8 year old daughter, both fully back stoppable, I had already opened a bank account in my new name, rented a house in a smallish town 200 miles away. The photo ID even sort of looked like me, with a few changes to be made.
I had enjoyed shopping for my new daughter last few weeks, getting everything to change her appearance, and disguise her age and real identity. Everything 8 year old girl would want or need.
Checking my watch I had been away nearly 3 hours, so I went back, parking the new car near the rear entrance.
I went up and unlocked and entered the apartment quietly, taking the suitcase and a large tote bag with me.
Hearing me Amber came running out from the bedroom and hugged me, “I was so frightened, I kept thinking the police will come, or you would run away”
“now you know I will never leave you baby” I told her as I hugged her
“ok now lets get you some dinner, then I will tell you what I have arranged, I have a plan but it will take a lot of effort on your part”

I left her on the sofa and got her dinner, heating up some spaghetti Bolognese in the microwave, and a glass of apple juice to which I added another dose of scopolamine.
She sat at the table and quickly ate her meal, I sat watching her thinking how childish she looked sitting at the table on a tall bar stool, when we first came here I had referred to it as her “high chair”, and she had got very annoyed, but recently I had use the term several times and got no reaction, obviously one effect of the suggestive mode she had slipped into. When she had finished I reached and wiped some spaghetti sauce from her chin with a napkin.
“Bring your juice and come sit on sofa with me honey, and I will tell you whats going to happen”
So with her siting with my arm around her supportively I started to explain.
“Well as you know the police are looking for you, and we can’t stay here, according to some contacts I have they are not on to me, we needed some new identities, but at last minute there were few to choose from at my contacts. The best I could get was a father and daughter”
I waited to see her reaction, but she seemed to take in well so I continued “ sh
e is a bit younger than you, but that you can get away with easy and the few pictures of her are couple of years old,, so you wont have to be 100% ,we can just change your hair to match hers, I got what we need ,I will also have to change my appearance, cut my hair and dye it”
From a folder I took some documents “so from now on I am John Sinclair, my wife died in Canada of cancer, and you are my 8 year old daughter Emily Sinclair”
She looked stunned then for the first time in weeks the anger she used to exhibit “I wont do that!!,,,I everyone thinks I am a child, and I am an adult, I won’t ,do it,,,I have fought to be treated like an adult the last 10 years, and you want me to give it all up??”
I looked at her, and even her temper now seeming more a tantrum “Well the other option is to try to get out of town, you need some disguise and this seems perfect, use what has been a curse to your advantage ,it won’t be for long just till the heat is off”
“Would you rather spit the diamonds now, I can go get them,,,I will take my half and go, after all its not me they are looking for”
The fire in her seemed to dampen at my words, she said” Oh please don’t leave me,,,but is there no other way?”
“Well not at the moment, we need to act quickly and get moving,,,we can get ourselves changed this evening and leave very early in the morning, with less people to see us”
“ok ok I will do it” she said quietly
“No ,WE will do it, together” I said as I lifted her onto my knee for the first time
“Now lets quickly go over our new identities, what is your name?’
“Emily Sinclair”
“Good ,and who am I?
“John Sinclair “
“no ,well yes I am, but what else am I?”
“my father”
“Ok,but that’s not what a child would say is it?”
“my……daddy”
“Yes and a proud one” as I stroke her hair
“And how old are you Emily?’
“I am 8 years old”
“and where is your mummy?”
“She died “
“it may be better to say she has gone to heaven and look sad, that way they are less likely to ask more questions about her”
Emily nodded in agreement
“Ok,, now what I need you to do now ,is while I get myself changed, go pack everything you want to take into the your red suitcase,,,and be sure to leave nothing here that would give them any clue”
I went into the bathroom taking the tote bag with me.and took out some electric hair clippers, and 15 minutes later my previously long shoulder length hair was reduced to an even one inch all over, and my beard was gone leaving clean shaven for the first time in 15 years. I took off my usual t shirt and jeans, and put on a pair of tan pants and a sports shirt. The sort of thing a father would wear, not the grunge look I always sported.
When I came out Emily was finishing up her packing, and look hot and sweaty, one effect of her condition was lack of stamina, and tired easily. I went and got her a glass of juice, and adding some lithium ,I need her to stay on balance, I also put some temazeapan, a strong sleep aid so she would be dopey and compliant for the next couple hours.
She sat on the sofa drinking her juice, and I ran her through the drill again, drumming into her that one mistake could cost us both.
“Yes John I know, and I promise I will remember everything”
“Well there’s a mistake already…do you a child would call her daddy by his name??,,I think it would be good if you got into the habit don’t you?”
She looked abashed “yes Daddy”

“ok sugar ,what I am going to do is cut your hair a little, and then lighten it a little ,so let’s go” I picked her up and carried her over to her high chair
“Ok first we need to get any make up off…” I used several cotton pads with makeup remover, and took off the little make up she wore to try to look more adult, then took out her skull ear studs, and replaced them with cute red crystal teddy bear studs.
Moving her and her chair over to the sink I wetted and washed her hair thoroughly ,a lot of ther built up grease and color coming out just by this, then I combed in the lightener solution.
“Keep your eyes closed, this will sting in you get any in them” But she is almost asleep anyway.
I combed it again still wet with the solution, and with sharp scissors, cut her bangs even straight across, then cut the rest off just above her shoulders removing at least 12 inches. Her head keep dipping as she fights to stay awake
Judging that by now the treatment had matched her roots to the rest of her hair and cute ash blonde I rinse it out thoroughly, and dry it.
Once again I brush it amazed how her lank hair is so fine and pretty now, I put it in two high pigtails, using several elastics to make them stand up and out.

She is still drifting in and out as carry her to my room, lay her on the bed, and take off her shorts ,panties, bra and top, once again noticing how much padding her bra has, and how she only has tiny buds for breasts. As she lays there asleep I gently try putting her thumb in her mouth,she keeps it there for about 20 seconds before removing.
As I dress her I occasionally reinsert it, hoping to engrain it
I open a pack of assorted Disney kids vests and panties, and as I hoped the vest is a little tight, further flattening her chest, then pull up the panties over her hairless crotch.

Then I put a nice but too childish long sleeve T shirt, skirt and knee socks on her, let her start out slowly, before some of the cute stuff I have in the case.

I leave the red shoes ready to put on when I am ready.

I leave her still sleeping on the bed, and go into her room, and open up the case I told her to pack, I go through it, and the only things I take and put in my case is her folder relating to her condition, and the clinic details. The rest is just clothes, underwear and shoes, none of which are suitable for my little girl!!
Anything identifying I toss in the sink to be burnt, the same with stuff from her purse, I keep her medication that I have exchanged.
Then I quietly unlock the door and do a few trips to the garbage chute, including her case and purse.
I also on impulse grab a few sachets of honey which Emily had taken from the diner for her French toat
Checking on her, she is still sleeping, I try the thumb trick again, and leave her with it, as I take my bags down to the car. When I return she is stirring, I see her thumb is wet, so she must have kept in for a while
After doing a final check around the apartment, I wake Emily
“Come sweetie, time to go.”
I put the shoes on her feet, and lift her off the bed and stand her on the floor.
“Do you want to walk or daddy to carry you?”
She is still only semi-conscious and looking at her own reflection in the full length mirror, the image ofa little girl.
She does walk but unsteadily out of the apartment and along corridor, but holding my hand
“Nearly at the car sugar, and then you can go back to sleep”
She looked up and murmured .” Yes Joe”
“Remember honey I am not Joe or John, I am daddy, its important to remember, now I think I had better carry you down the stairs”
I carry her ,her head on my shoulder down and to the car, and put her in the car seat in the back, and strap her in securely. I had modified the ordinary safety latch with a stronger spring, and it took a right sequence to release it, I did not want her undoing it, for her to have to depend on me for everything.

With her safely on board,, I started the car and drove till we were clear of the area, I could hear her breathing sleeping deeply, I pulled over in a discreet spot, and put some honey on her thumb and guided it to her mouth, I then stopped every 20 minutes or so for the next 4 hours and repeated it. Each time it seemed to stay in her mouth longer.
I did not want to stop anywhere for any length of time till we were well clear, on one of the honey stops, I took a leak at side of the road. I had to hope Emily did not need to go, that it could wait, I had some training panties in the case, but it was too soon for those!!

© KAston 2017

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2017/03/16 23:48 By khrissi. Reason: tried to add word file
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Noliwankenobi (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:An in progress first attempt for feedback 7 Months ago Karma: -11  
Please continue, it's quite good.

Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, though I'm not sure about the universe. ~Albert Einstein
khrissi (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:An in progress first attempt for feedback 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thank you,,my taste runs to avoiding magic,sci-fi and to the more plausible,well plauible in a you are on drugs way LOL

vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Re:An in progress first attempt for feedback 7 Months ago Karma: 6  
I will write a further review later, but I would advise on not writting on first person, yeah, it prevent you from doing full narrative de_script_ion. Beside, "My name is X and" is a story start that must be avoided at all cost, imo.

It look well written on first glance, so you've got that with you. The story has a "wall of text" look, though, which is very negative. Most readers won't bother going further in the plot when seeing the story like that.

The solution is simple : always leave space before and after lines of dialogs, and in between the different parts of your narration, creating paragraphs.

See you later.

Last Edit: 2017/03/17 00:57 By vended.
khrissi (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I have made some changes,changed to 3rd person,and moved chapter breaks.Part of what was CH1 is now beginning of Ch2,and I have written Ch3,not sure how many it will be but I estimate only about 20% of story arc so far.
As to the wall of text,I am not sure why, As I have it in word it has spacing,paragraph breaks and some images as I said,but when i pasted it into text box here it seemed to condense it.
If anyone wants the current word version email kristinam69 AT yahoo.com

Last Edit: 2017/03/17 06:21 By khrissi. Reason: changed mind about changing format
khrissi (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Ok as I said I have made some changes and written more,looking for any comments,typos,inconsistencies etc.

Sorry if it appears blocky for some reason when I paste here it happens. If you want it in word format with the images you can email me at
kristinam69 @yahoo.com (Take out the space used to avoid robots)

Also while at the monent I am using _title_ "On the Run" I am also considering

Starting Over
Emily’s Fresh start
Rebooting Emily
The Perfect Disguise
Thief to Toddler

Any votes or input would asgain be appreciated.

CHAPTER 1

Joe Thornton grew up not far from Detroit, he was a not spectacular student but capable, he was more interesting in partying and drinking to get more than OK grades. But when he left school his father who always wanted him to be a doctor like him, got him into a Pharmacy technician course at the university. He started off well even seemed to have an aptitude for it, but the temptations of being away from home, and no restrictions put on him grew too strong and soon he was skipping classes, failing to complete assignments, and getting wasted on booze pot and whatever else he could get my hands on.
He started doing a little dealing to fund his life_style_, which soon became a lot of dealing, but he got greedy and drew the attention of the cops,,,then the fatal night when a 17 yr kid he had supplied with some speed ran his car off the side of a mountain and died. And he turned out to be the son of a local councilman.
Well the judge handed him down a 6 year term ,and not easy time. Prison was hard the first few months he thought he would either get killed or kill himself, but then he met Jeremy, Jeremy was an old timer doing life and everyone either respected or feared him. Joe was in the gym playing some hoops, and Jeremy was with his boys lifting weights when he suddenly collapsed to the floor .His crew panicked and were calling for a guard. Joe recognized the signs of a heart attack and ran over and gave CPR and long story short he saved his life or so Jeremy kept telling him after.
When Jeremy returned from the hospital, he took Joe under his wing and taught him many things over the next few years, bypassing alarms, opening safes, changing identities, a full criminal university course.
When he was released he was a 28 year old ex con,so work was hard to find and his parole officer rode him hard, but it was in his office he met Amber
She glared at him as he stared at her, trying to guess her age, she was barely much over 4 feet even in her platform heels, her dark lank hair hanging down straight. A black leather jacket over a white tee, and jeans, if it was not for her breasts she could have been 12 or younger.
“Sorry ,so what are you in for?,, stealing the principals car?” Joe said trying humour
“Very funny smart guy,…I am on bail awaiting trial, they said I did some break-ins,,,and my stupid boyfriend didn’t tell me there was an alarm system the jerk was nowhere when the cops busted me, I am so done with him “she scowled
“As soon as I can get enough cash I am blowing this town, I don’t plan on going to jail”
“Well I can see how breaking in to places would be your forte” Joe said
She looked daggers at him “What do you mean by that??”
“Hey, don’t get mad, its just you are small so getting in places a hulk like me could never fit”
Joe smiled at her as while he was in good shape, at 5’10” and 160lb I was no hulk, but compared to her he was.

“I’m Joe by the way……….” he said
“Amber” she replied
Just then Joe was called into the parole officers office where he was ran over the coals for this that and everything, and the parole officer as much as told him he was going to see Joe back inside as the councilman’s friends had a long memory.
Joe left the office and walked past Amber in silence and went down the building stairs realizing he was screwed, he had to run,, go where they won’t find him.
On the street he started thinking about running, Amber and what an opportunity she presented.
He turned back and bought a coffee and sat and watched the office building doorway till he saw her come out
He approached her, and she looked at him suspiciously

“Amber, do you want to go get a drink? I have a proposition for you”

She gave him a dirty look and said “ I aint no hooker go try on the street corner!!”

“No I have an idea that could get us both out of the line of fire of the court and the cops, just give me 5 minutes somewhere less public, there is a bar down the street I know”
She looked at him skeptically “well ok,,but make it the diner opposite ,,bars I get asked for ID, and it pisses me off”
“Well I can understand why, both why they ID you, and why it must annoy you”
In the diner he told her his plan, that they both needed to escape and that together they would make a good team, he explained that he knew alarms systems, and the biggest weakness they had was that they were designed to keep people out, if you were inside disabling them was easy. That Joe would teach her. She would get in some way, either through vents or small windows. Even go in during day and hide till night, then disable the alarm and let him in, then he could open safes, or just rob the place,
Joe had the contacts to fence stuff ,get new identities, so they would never get caught, he had some money ,enough to get them out of town, and tide them over till they were ready to go to work.
Over the next 30 minutes they discussed what to do, where to go, and eventually she agreed
CHAPTER 2
6 MONTHS LATER

They were living in a rented apartment 400 miles from those looking for them, under fake names and had pulled 4 robberies netting them about $100K a, nice chunk of cash, but not enough to get away and live out their lives on a tropical island money.
Her ability to get inside places, and his to get into the safes had made them a good team. And she had warmed to him a lot, although they had separate bedrooms, he had been very confused by his feelings for her, he should be attracted, but he felt more like she was his younger sister, her seeming childlike appearance making him not feel any sexual desire towards her, and this protective feeling only made stronger when he realized she hid a lot of it, with the heels, as she was only 4”1” without them, and her breasts which he had admired so long ago, were just a stuffed bra,,,sharing a bathroom he sometimes saw her naked and she was very pre-pubescent .He learned she was actually 19 ,but it was hard to believe. He also observed that her dark hair was now showing its blonde roots, she obviously dyed it to look more mature.
She told him almost nothing about her past except hints that her childhood was very miserable , that her parents had kicked her out when she got arrested for drugs, one night after too much tequila she told him about her condition “bruchmakers symdrome” a rare condition effecting body growth, sort of stopping it before puberty, there were only 2 or 3 other cases in United States, but a laboratory in Czechoslovakia was researching it in hope of finding a cure or at least how to trigger development. Her plan was to get enough money to go there and try to get in on program, even buy her way in.
Later that week Joe got a tip about a jewelers getting a delivery of diamonds, maybe $50 million worth, part of a somewhat gray area tax scheme, they would be sitting for several nights, and this was a store they had already cased, as a possibility.
They discussed and decided that they would go for it, this was the big score!!
But once they had finalized our plans ,,Joe decided that this was the opportunity to start putting his own plan into action, his plan to change Amber from an adult to his daughter/ward .

Two nights before the job Joe made a visit alone to a hospital pharmacy, the alarm a doddle and stocked up with various drugs, in tablet and as Injectable. His previous training as a pharmacist now paying dividends.
He visited a few contacts, one of which he had already asked for some specific type of ID, something that would stand up to scrutiny. Then some shopping at Walmart and a few drugstores. He put all the items I had acquired in a suitcase and left it at the railway left luggage
He knew Amber took hormone pills she has been told may help her condition or at least hold it at bay, but one day when she was safely away from the apartment, Joe emptied all the capsules and refilled with a concoction of his own making, including lithium, a mood stabilizer to calm her down and less tense,,,He noticed almost immediately she was calmer, more placid.

The robbery went off perfectly, Amber went into the store about an hour before it closed and hid in the back office, secreted behind the sofa ,they knew from their groundwork that the staff left within 20 minutes of the store closing, she texted Joe to let him know when she had disabled the alarm, and he slipped round to the side door which she has opened at his soft tap, He entered and quickly opened the safe and took the diamonds while Amber was busy checking for any other valuables he put part of his own plan into action, her jacket was lying on the sofa she had been hiding behind, He slipped her cell from her pocket and slid it under the counter, out of view but where it would be found ,they then left the scene, getting out and to the van.

They then drove using a circuitous route, ditching the tools in the river. Then back to the apartment and over some champagne, checked their haul, more diamonds than Joe could hold in one hand, easily 30 million, maybe the 50 suggested. By the time she finally crashed into bed it was nearly 4am.Once she was asleep he slipped out and drove to the local TV news office, and with his hood up dropped a package in their mailbox. he returned back and set his alarm as he wanted to be up before her.
Joe got up a few hours later, and did his preparations, first he removed Ambers keys from her purse, he had put a second keyed both sides lock on the door, saying it was a bad area, and it was safer. When he went out later he did not want her leaving the apartment.
Next he dosed her morning orange juice, with a dose of scopolamine, this would make her very open and vulnerable to suggestion, he also put a little Halcion to keep her drowsy, and compliant.
Then he sat on the couch and turned on the TV and scanned through for news channels.
It was just as he hoped the diamond robbery was the top story, and with the “tipoff” Joe had given them, that Amber had been in the robbery, plus a nice clear picture of her, and how she was wanted by the police.
Suppressing a smile he dashed to Ambers room, and woke her telling her they were in trouble, he dragged her naked except her panties out to the TV, and she watched the report as it rolled again
“Where’s your phone you stupid girl,,,the other news station said a phone was found at the scene!!”
She checked her jacket, and obviously it was not there.
“I don’t know” she said “It was in my pocket I am sure”
“Well ,,you obviously dropped it there, and it had your fingerprints all over it, so the cops know you were there. How long do you think it will take someone from this neighbourhood to see you on the news and call it in?”
She sat weeping…and apologizing, he poured her a large glass of orange juice, and told her to go take her pills and put something on while he thought what they could do, as their original plan to stay here for few weeks then leave the country was out the window.
When she came back he said to her “Ok ,we will need a new plan, first of all we have to get the diamonds out of here, just in case it gets raided, but it’s too risky for you to go outside, so I will take them, you remember the place we stopped and there was that gnarled old tree you liked?,,,well I will bury them there, then go and see a few people, find out if I have been identified or not, and see what I can come up with to get you safely away”
She looked dubious,,”How do I know you won’t just take off, cut your losses and disappear with the diamonds”?
“Honey you know you can trust me, I would not let anything happen to you, I will be maybe a few hours, you have had a big shock, it’s important you stay here”
She looked very scared, something he had not seen on her before ,he hugged her , comforting her
He sensed it was a risk still at this stage, but it felt right as he carried in his arms into her bedroom, and lay her on the bed
“You look tired ,why not get some more sleep, and I will be back before you know it”
He tucked her up in bed ,and kissed her forehead “bye sugar, don’t worry I don’t blame you for this, anyone could have lost their phone” Just reinforcing how it is her fault in her mind, the scopolamine hopefully making it stick in her mind.
He left quietly locking the door behind him, and headed for the city Centre, the truth was he really did not have to sort anything out as he had done it all in advance. He went and spent a couple of hours killing time drinking coffee , He then sat by river, destroying all his ID making sure nothing he had _link_ed to Joe Thornton or his current alias then headed to a storage car park where he had left the 2014 Ford focus he had bought some weeks earlier, the van had been left with keys in it a short distance away, so that will get stolen and further muddy the trail.
He went to the station and collected the suitcase he had left there earlier. Then in a quiet place he hid the diamonds in the lining of the case.
He had got new identities for both of them, a young widower and his 8 year old daughter, both fully back stoppable, He had already opened a bank account in his new name, rented a house in a smallish town 200 miles away. The photo ID even sort of looked like him, with a few changes to be made.
He also enjoyed doing some more shopping for his new daughter the last few weeks, getting everything to change her appearance, and disguise her age and real identity. Everything 8 year old girl would want or need.
Checking his watch he had been away nearly 3 hours, so he went back, parking the new car near the rear entrance.
He went up and unlocked and entered the apartment quietly, taking the suitcase and a large tote bag with him.
Hearing him, Amber came running out from the bedroom and hugged me, “I was so frightened, I kept thinking the police will come, or you would run away”
“Now you know I will never leave you baby” He told her as he hugged her
“Ok now let’s get you some dinner, then I will tell you what I have arranged, I have a plan but it will take a lot of effort, patience and acceptance on your part”

He left her on the sofa and got her dinner, heating up some spaghetti Bolognese in the microwave, and a glass of apple juice to which he added another dose of scopolamine.
She sat at the table and quickly ate her meal, Joe sat watching her thinking how childish she looked sitting at the table on a tall bar stool, when they first came here her had referred to it as her “high chair”, and she had got very annoyed, but recently he had used the term several times and got no reaction, obviously one effect of the suggestive mode she had slipped into. When she had finished he reached and wiped some spaghetti sauce from her chin with a napkin.
“Bring your juice and come sit on sofa with me honey, and I will tell you what’s going to happen”
So with her siting with his arm around her supportively he started to explain.
“Well as you know the police are looking for you, and we can’t stay here, according to some contacts I have they are not on to me, we needed some new identities, but at last minute there were few to choose from at my contacts. The best I could get was a father and daughter”
He waited to see her reaction, but she seemed to take in well so he continued “ she is a bit younger than you, but that you can get away with it and the few pictures of her are couple of years old,, so you won’t have to be 100% ,we can just change your hair to match hers, I got what we need ,I will also have to change my appearance, cut my hair and dye it”
From a folder he took some documents “So from now on I am John Sinclair, my wife died in Canada of cancer, and you are my 8 year old daughter Emily Sinclair”
She looked stunned then for the first time in weeks the anger she used to exhibit “I won’t do that!!,,,everyone thinks I am a child as it is and I am an adult, I won’t ,do it,,,I have fought to be treated like an adult the last 10 years, and you want me to give it all up??”
Joe looked at her, and even her temper now seeming more a tantrum “Well the other option is to try to get out of town, you need some disguise and this seems perfect, use what has been a curse to your advantage ,it won’t be for long just till the heat is off”
“Would you rather spit the diamonds now, I can go get them,,,I will take my half and go, after all its not me they are looking for”
The fire in her seemed to dampen at his words, she said” Oh please don’t leave me,,,but is there no other way?”
“Well not at the moment, we need to act quickly and get moving,,,we can get ourselves changed this evening and leave very early in the morning, with less people to see us”
“Ok ok I will do it” she said quietly
“No ,WE will do it, together” he said as he lifted her onto my knee for the first time
“Now let’s quickly go over our new identities, what is your name?’
“Emily Sinclair”
“Good, and who am I?
“John Sinclair “
“No ,well yes I am, but what else am I?”
“My father”
“Ok,but that’s not what a child would say is it?”
“My……daddy”
“Yes and a proud one” as he stroked her hair
“And how old are you Emily?’
“I am 8 years old”
“And where is your mummy?”
“She died “
“It may be better to say she has gone to heaven and look sad, that way they are less likely to ask more questions about her”
Emily nodded in agreement
“Ok,, now what I need you to do now ,is while I get myself changed, go pack everything you want to take into the your red suitcase,,,and be sure to leave nothing here that would give them any clue”
Joe now John went into the bathroom taking the tote bag with him and took out some electric hair clippers, and 15 minutes later his previously long shoulder length hair was reduced to an even one inch all over, and his beard was gone leaving him clean shaven for the first time in 15 years. He took off his usual t shirt and jeans, and put on a pair of tan pants and a sports shirt. The sort of thing a father would wear, not the grunge look he always sported.
When he came out Emily was finishing up her packing, and looked hot and sweaty, one effect of her condition was lack of stamina, and tired easily. He went and got her a glass of juice, and adding some lithium ,he needes her to stay on balance, he also put in some temazeapan, a strong sleep aid so she would be dopey and compliant for the next couple hours.
She sat on the sofa drinking her juice, and he ran her through the drill again, drumming into her that one mistake could cost them both.
“Yes John I know, and I promise I will remember everything”
“Well there’s a mistake already…do you think a child would call her daddy by his name??,, I think it would be good if you got into the habit don’t you?”
She looked abashed “yes Daddy”

“Ok sugar ,what I am going to do is cut your hair a little, and then lighten it a little ,so let’s go” He picked her up and carried her over to her high chair
“Ok first we need to get any make up off…” he used several cotton pads with makeup remover, and took off the little make up she wore to try to look more adult, then took out her skull ear studs, and replaced them with cute red crystal teddy bear studs.
Moving her and her chair over to the sink he wetted and washed her hair thoroughly ,a lot of the built up grease and color coming out just by this, then he combed in the lightener solution.
“Keep your eyes closed, this will sting in you get any in them” But she was almost asleep anyway.
He combed it again still wet with the solution, and with sharp scissors, cut her bangs even straight across, then cut the rest off just above her shoulders removing at least 12 inches. Her head keeps dipping as she fights to stay awake
Judging that by now the treatment had matched her roots to the rest of her hair and cute ash blonde he rinse it out thoroughly, and dried it.
Once again he brushed it, amazed how her lank hair is so fine and pretty now, he put it in two high pigtails, using several elastics to make them stand up and out.

She is still drifting in and out as he carries her to his room, lays her on the bed, and takes off her shorts ,panties, bra and top, once again noticing how much padding her bra has, and how she only has tiny buds for breasts. As she lays there asleep he gently tries putting her thumb in her mouth, she keeps it there for about 20 seconds before removing.
As he dresses her he occasionally reinserts it, hoping to engrain it as an unconscious action.
He opens a pack of assorted Disney kids vests and panties, and as he hoped the vest is a little tight, further flattening her chest, then pull up the panties over her hairless crotch.

Then he puts a nice but not too childish long sleeve T shirt, skirt and knee socks on her, let her start out slowly, before some of the cute stuff he has in the case.

he leaves the red shoes ready to put on her when he is ready.

John leaves her still sleeping on the bed, and go into her room, and open up the case he told her to pack, he goes through it, and the only things he takes and put in the tote bag is her folder relating to her condition, and the clinic details. The rest is just clothes, makeup, underwear and shoes, none of which are suitable for his little girl!!
Anything identifying he tosses in the sink to be burnt, the same with stuff from her purse, he keep her medication that he had exchanged.
Then he quietly unlocks the door and does a few trips to the garbage chute, including her case and purse.
He also on impulse grabs a few sachets of honey which Emily had taken from the diner for her French toast
Checking on her, she is still sleeping, he tries the thumb trick again, and leave her with it in her mouth, as he takes the bags down to the car. When he returns she is stirring, he can see her thumb is wet, so she must have kept in for a while
After doing a final check around the apartment, he gently wakes Emily
“Come sweetie, time to go.”
Her puts the shoes on her feet, and lift her off the bed and stand her on the floor.
“Do you want to walk or daddy to carry you?”
She is still only semi-conscious and looking at her own reflection in the full length mirror, the image of a little girl.
She does walk but unsteadily out of the apartment and along corridor, but holding his hand
“Nearly at the car sugar, and then you can go back to sleep”
She looked up and murmured.” Yes Joe”
“Remember honey I am not Joe or John, I am daddy, it’s important to remember, now I think I had better carry you down the stairs”
He carries her ,her head on his shoulder down and to the car, and put her in the car seat in the back, and strap her in securely. He had modified the ordinary safety latch with a stronger spring, and it took a right sequence to release it, he did not want her undoing it, for her to have to depend on him for everything.

With her safely on board,, he started the car and drove till they were clear of the area, he could hear her breathing sleeping deeply, he pulled over in a discreet spot, and put some honey on her thumb and guided it to her mouth, he then stopped every 20 minutes or so for the next 4 hours and repeated it. Each time it seemed to stay in her mouth longer.
He did not want to stop anywhere for any length of time till they were well clear, on one of the honey stops, he took a leak at side of the road. He had to hope Emily did not need to go, that it could wait, he had some training panties in the case, but it was too soon for those!!

CHAPTER 3
When she finally woke up they were 250 miles from the city, she groaned as she came to life.
“Morning sleepyhead, you slept a long time”
“How are you feeling now? ,you seemed not well. Maybe it was all too much, the being on the news, then the sudden changes” John said
She looked around “why am I in a baby seat??” fiddling with the latch.
“Because it’s the law…anyone under 12 or under 70lb has to be in a car seat, and is that not more comfortable than the booster cushion you used to use, to see out the windows
She seemed to think about that as she asked “where are we?”
“We are a long way from the city,,,I have an idea where to head to, but I think we should take our time, make it a road trip, stay on the move till we have got used to our roles”
“Now I bet you are hungry, thirsty and need to pee, I just saw a sign for McDonalds up ahead, we will stop there”
She replied “Yes, and I need my medication, what is all the stuff back here?”
John smiled at her
“I have your pills here, I will take them with us, and you can take them with your meal, and I put some toys etc back there as dressing, sort of things a girl would have, your doggy, which I kicked around the room to give it that not brand new look, and in the back pack is stuff to do, coloring books, crayons books to read, you keep saying you wanted to read the Harry Potter books, so I have the first two in there”

“I think the doggy is cute, but if you want something different, I will buy you another friend” John said smiling back at her in the mirror
She seemed to accept this and said” no, that’s ok”
John pulled into the car park of the Mc Donald’s and parked, he took off his seat belt and turned around to look at her
“Now Emily, this is very important to remember, not only must you act like, sound like a child, I will have to treat you like one, so no getting upset, ,if you need to you can always hide behind being shy with people ok?”
“Yes I understand” she said with a grimace
“Yes I understand what? I asked
“Yes I understand daddy, now get me out of this seat. I can’t get it undone”
He got out of the car taking a cooler box with him.
He opened the back door, and reached in and unstrapped her “They are meant to be child proof, you have to press it just right” but did not show her how to release it.
Once she was out of the car he held her hand, asking before he locked it if she wanted to take anything with her, she shook her head.
She pulled her hand away from his. John said to her” You don’t have to hold my hand unless it’s appropriate, but don’t go off by yourself a little girl on her own, attracts attention, and we don’t want any kind of attention”
She nods in agreement.
They head to the McDonalds in the mall, and enter, heading first to the washrooms.
He kneels down and looks her in the eye and says in low tone
“Ok sugar, in you go, do what you need to, make sure to have a good wash, as you were asleep a long time, and I will too while you are in here, then I will wait here for you” He lowered his tone more “And if anyone comes in remember who you are, or just play the shy girl card”
“Yes daddy “she replied with a long pause between the two words.

After he done his business he waited for her, looking at the advertising for McDonalds latest promotion. A few minutes later Emily exited the washroom and went towards the tables.
After looking around John said to Emily hoping she would answer nicely
“Do want to sit at kiddy table or regular table with booster?”
She looked very torn at having to choose between sitting at the fake plastic tree _base_ and toadstool seats or on a red plastic child’s booster seat.
“Proper table “
He took a booster seat from the rack taking note of the sign above saying that straps must be used, he discreetly pointed to draw Emily’s attention to it and and he heard her sigh. They went to a table by the window, as far from anyone as possible. He lifted her up and sat her on it, thinking how cute she looked but not saying it as he did up the lap strap.
“What would you like to eat?, it would probably be best to eat light as you have not seemed well ,I think maybe as little shock?”
“Chicken fingers, fries and juice’
John paused before he said “And what is the magic word?”
Emily scowled but said “please……daddy”
John went and ordered the food and came back a few minutes later with a coffee and bacon mcmuffin for himself and a chicken nugget happy meal for Emily
“There you go. Chicken fingers, fries and orange juice plus a toy”
She opened the box and took out a Barbie doll

“I hope you like it, they had several to choose from but I thought she has blonde hair like you, and every girl loves Barbies” he said with meaning
Emily just put it on the table and tucked into her meal in silence.
He took from his pocket a pill bottle and took out two capsules and gave them to her, she thinking they were her hormone pills, in fact they were a mix of her lithium, and two other drugs , Lamotrigine, which would cause a tendency to clumsiness, and a lack of dexterity, the other was Depot Lupron which while her development was stalled, just to be on safe side this would ensure puberty was on hold.
She swallowed them with her juice. He sat watching her eat, enjoying seeing her eat finger food.
When she had finished he took the garbage and put in trash, then undid her straps and lifted her to the floor and gave her doll to hold.
Before they left he put some ice in the cooler box, ”We will get some drinks and snacks for the car”

CHAPTER 4

From the restaurant they went across to the convenience store and John picked a small jug of milk, a container of juice, and some bottled water. Some chips for himself and then asked Emily what she wanted and let her pick out some chocolate bars and candies. At the checkout as they were in line he bent down to pick her up but she sort of balked
“I want to show you something” he said, and lifted her up and pointed at the pile of today’s newspapers on the counter, two of the papers had her mugshot from her arrest on the front cover.
“Ok sugar, don’t say anything, we will talk about it later” he said to her as if it was something inconsequential.
After John paid he put it all in the cooler box, and they went back to the car, he led her round to passenger side and put the cooler on the passenger floor and closed the door.
John looked over and saw a Riverwalk running nearby “I don’t know about you, but I could do with stretching my legs after being in car so long, let’s go for a walk along the river”
He distracted her by then adding “And we can talk about the papers” He did not want her to realize she still had the doll in her hand.
He led her along the sidewalk and down to Riverwalk and once they were clear of any eaves droppers he said
“Did you read what it said?,, I only saw part of it but they still no idea about me, but obviously you they are actively seeking, its lucky that the papers cropped your mugshot and left out the height chart”
She looked apprehensive and said
“But they must know about my size?”
Holding her hand John replied
“Sure they do, but they don’t know how far it goes, I am sure they have put out a flyer to hospitals, doctors ,etc,,to look out for bruchmakers symdrome but as long as we keep you away from hospitals and doctors for as long as possible it won’t be a problem. Also your medication we will have to keep on down low, I can get it off the books”
“So do you understand how important it is you pull this off?, I know it will be hard but if they find you, they find me”
Emily walked along her hand in her daddy’s, the doll in the other and looked up at him, and said
“Yes, I promise I will do my best, it is just so embarrassing”
John answered “Well I will do everything I can to keep you safe, and I am sorry if sometimes you get embarrassed but it’s a small price to pay”
“As I said I think the best thing is to keep on the move for now till you get more used to the role, so to speak, and speaking of which ,I know you are not happy, but its fine at the moment if people see you grumpy and rude, all kids are like that sometimes ,but once we get somewhere and stay there and you are like it all the time it’s going to look odd”
Emily looked even more miserable as John continued
“So when like in Mcdonalds when I publicly told you off ,it was not to be mean or cruel, but to help you, you can say what you like to me in private ,but in public, and to other people you must be polite, pleases and thank yous and however you may feel, look happy”
“I am sure it won’t be the last time I correct you, so it is vital you don’t lose your temper, do you understand?”
Emily pondered as they walked along looking like a father taking his daughter on a walk, she with her doll, and her pigtails bouncing”
Finally she spoke “Yes,,I don’t like it, and will hate it, but I do understand”
By this time they had walked about quarter of a mile and turned to walk back.
John noticed she was walking slower as they headed back, and asked her what was wrong
“These shoes are not comfortable for walking in, I would rather wear runners”
John looked down at her “I am sorry I got those quickly and chose for look over practicality obviously, no problem we will get you some, there is a Walmart not far away”
Back at the car he put her back in her seat, securing the straps and emphasizing to her how important it is she stay in it
“The last thing we need is to get stopped because you are loose in the back, and get into trouble”
He started up the car and headed for the signposted Walmart.
“Ok we will go get you some runners, anything else you want? How about some movies, there is a DVD p_layer_ in the back of my seat, and you will be in the car a lot the next few days”
He had put a mirror on the passenger glove box,, this was designed so parents could keep an eye on kids seated directly behind them, without turning around or angling the rear view mirror, and could see her thinking.
“Can I have a laptop and a cellphone?” she said
“Do you think an 8 year-old would have a laptop? And who are you going to call?, once we find somewhere to stay we will get a computer, better for now to stay off grid and cellphones will be good then for emergencies to call each other, but for now we won’t be apart”
She seemed to accept this, albeit it reluctantly
They arrived at the Walmart and before he got out he turned around and looked at Emily
“Ok we will get you some runners, and some movies, but I think we should use this as a practice lesson, you can get any runners you want as long as they are what a 8 year old would want, and any PG or family movies you want .Ok,,,and try to look happy ,smile ,no grouchy face. Yes that face you have now is the grouchy one”
She actually did smile for real at this characterization
“Yes daddy, I will be a happy smiley girl”
John smiled
“Good girl”
He got out and let her out of her seat, and they headed inside and went to the shoes section Emily seeming to be happier or at least faking it well!
In the aisle of kids runners she started looking at them, an assistant came up to them, and asked if John needed any help
“My daughter wants some new runners, and she is choosing them herself “
The assistant asked Emily if she knew her size and then took some white sparkly Barbie runners from the shelf and said
“These are very popular and very pretty”
Behind the assistant John mouthed silently at Emily “be polite”
“No thank you, I just want some regular runners “
The assistant replied with a chuckle
“Well if you need help just ask, daddies don’t know everything “
Emily thanked her again politely and the assistant moved away.
Emily took some multi coloured runners and said she liked them, John said she should try them on, so Emily sat on the stool and took off her shoes, and slipped her foot into one of the runners, then tried to do the laces, but seemed to be having problems. John did not react but he felt satisfaction that the Lamotrigine was effecting her dexterity.
John leant down and tied it for her
“So do you like those?”
“I am not sure …. Daddy” she answered
John took some other runners from a higher shelf and said “These are almost the same but have Velcro instead of laces”
Emily agreed to try them on, and seemed to have no problem with the Velcro, then walked up and down the aisle.

“So do you want those ones sweetie? They look very nice, and comfortable” John said
“Yes, I like these …thank you”
She had to take them off again so they could be taken to the check out, then they went to the movie department where Emily chose “Ratatouille”, “Monsters VS Aliens” and “Rio” and her daddy insisted on getting “The Princess Bride” as well assuring her it was very funny, and she would like it.

They took the movies and shoes to the checkout and as they were in line, John saw a jewelry set and showed it to Emily who said it was pretty so John tossed it in the basket.

After John had paid for it all they went to walk out the store, But John stopped and asked Emily if she needed the washroom as she may not get a chance for some time otherwise. She said she had better, so John waited outside the washroom opening the jewelry set and the Princess bride movie whilst she went inside.
When she came out he asked if she washed her hands, and was assured she had, he did not check, that would wait. They went out and back to the car. He put her in her seat talking to her all the time, as he put her new shoes on her, and put the necklace and bracelets on her telling her she was looking good. He put some snacks and her candy from the cooler in a pocket of her backpack which was against her seat, within her reach.
Next he took a pink plastic tray that clipped to her seat in front of her telling her that now she had a table to do things on and for snacks.
Then he filled a sippy cup with some juice adding some more of the dexterity inhibiting drug, telling her it was a travel cup that was insulated, and would not spill if it falls over.

Showing her the headphones in seat pocket that plugged into the jack beside her and asking her if there was anything else she may need as he would have to pull over if she did later, he was happy to but would rather not as it was getting late and wanted to get to next destination before dark.
“No thank you…..daddy” she said still hesitating over calling him daddy
John then got in the car, and put the movie on and they set off, John very happy as her could see her in the mirror, in her chair now very much like a toddlers high chair as she gripped her bottle with both hands and drank her juice
He drove for some time, both of them laughing at the Princess Bride which he could hear, and telling her he had told her she would like it. When the movie ended he put Rio on for her, telling her to use the headphones as he wanted to listen to radio. He did not tell her he did notwant her getting any information except through him,, not even the time, if he could mess her sense of time it would help her regress.
About an hour into the movie he looked and saw she had fallen asleep, he turned off the movie to check she was out fully, a few minutes later he pulled over in a quiet layby. There he turned and looked more closely at his daughter sound asleep her face and hands messy with chocolate, he took a wet wipe from a box ensuring it was warm not cold and wiped her face gently, and her hands, but not her thumb which he put a chunk of melted chocolate from her tray before taking the tray off, then put her thumb to her mouth, she took it easily and it stayed there. He just watched for a while as she sucked it a little, the chocolate flavouring her thumb.
He removed her headphones and took her doggy and tucked it under her other arm and took a few more seconds enjoying the sight before getting out of the car, to go pee and phone the family oriented motel and confirm his reservation for tonight for a room with a bath, but no shower and a kids bed in the room he did not want to chance Emily over hearing.
He got back in noticing that she still held the doggy, and her thumb was in her mouth, but not sucking now.
He checked his watch which was in his pocket, the Car clock was not set, and it just said 12:00 all the time. It was just after 4pm, he thought they could be at the motel by 6pm.
He set off again happy with the progress so far, or should that be regress??

Go to top Post Reply