News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread*
vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 6  
Great work once again, areg5.
Worth the money by a long shot.

"Weeks", though!? I knew We should have kidnapped you long ago to make you do these on full time.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 3  
vended wrote:
Great work once again, areg5.
Worth the money by a long shot.

"Weeks", though!? I knew We should have kidnapped you long ago to make you do these on full time.

Maybe sooner. As I work more with Iray, I'm starting to figure out what a scene needs to render faster. This story has been groundbreaking in the process. When I started it, I just accepted 3 hr renders. I just didn't get it. But, with some careful lighting, and tweaking, and most importantly understanding, I'm at the point where they take 30 minutes!

I did use my Patreon revenue and money from the sales to build my computer: i7 4790 processor, 16 gig ram, GTX 970 card, and most recently a gtx 780 ti. Now, I'm looking at that as a starting point. Just ordered a new case so it all runs cooler, and next up, GTX 1080 ti card and hopefully cards. The Iray renderer runs completely through the video cards, and they have to be nvidia. It's a proprietary process. The better the cards, the faster and more stable the rendering. Now, although my cards are fast, my scenes are more size limited than I like. I want to get to the point where it doesn't matter how many characters I put in a scene, and for that, more memory in the card is better. When the 1080 ti's come out, I hope top have enough to buy at least one.

Glad you like the story! I love doing it! I know, male ar ...not popular. But you know what? I'm doing it for me, and anyone else that wants it.

vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 6  
I know very little about computer parts, so these models ring no bells to me, but the required time being reduced twelvefold sure sound impressive.

Being able to make more comics in the same time (and/or augment even further the rendering quality, I suppose) mean you will be able to do them according to your preferences, even if they make less each, while doing the ones that sell more, isn't it? Plus the commissions ones.

Seems like a win win for everyone. ^^

microkorg (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 6 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 2  
Areg5

Glad you like the story! I love doing it! I know, male ar ...not popular. But you know what? I'm doing it for me, and anyone else that wants it.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually prefer Male AR. I really enjoy your work.

Thanks for all that you do,
Microkorg

areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 6 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 3  
microkorg wrote:
Areg5

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually prefer Male AR. I really enjoy your work.

Thanks for all that you do,
Microkorg

You're very welcome! Yeah, I _base_ what people like on sales. Most popular is TG, then female AR, then last but not least (at least in my opinion) male AR. We are definitely in the minority, my friend. Glad you like it!

areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 6 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 3  
vended wrote:
I know very little about computer parts, so these models ring no bells to me, but the required time being reduced twelvefold sure sound impressive.

Being able to make more comics in the same time (and/or augment even further the rendering quality, I suppose) mean you will be able to do them according to your preferences, even if they make less each, while doing the ones that sell more, isn't it? Plus the commissions ones.

Seems like a win win for everyone. ^^

It is. I put all my components into the Coolermaster case. Lots of room and 4 fans! Same parts, but it all runs faster and more stable! Getting to the point where the limiting factor is my day job. I'll be out of town for a few days next week, and thinking of trying to make my first Iray animation. Set it up to render when I leave, and hopefully when I get back it will be done. If my calculations are correct and nothing crashes, I hope to have it together with 4 days of full time rendering.

Go to top Post Reply